7 Aug 2013

Stila "in the light" eye shadow palette.

The makeup market is flooded with neutral eye shadow palette's and they all look the part and in most cases have a beautiful selection of colours that are sure to get your heart a beating. I have tried almost all of them and like them all in their own little way. However, the one that has stood out to me the most, over all others is the Stila "in the light" eye shadow palette.


This compact palette consists of 10 show stopping colours that will bring your eye makeup look from day to night without having to touch another product. The palette contains 4 matte shades and 6 shimmering shades all of which in my opinion work flawlessly together to create amazing looks. It also contains a really top notch liner, the smudge stick waterproof eye liner in damsel (a deep brown shade). It costs around €32 (from Boots or anywhere you can find a Stila counter) which to me is a bargain because this palette is the only thing you will need to create any look using neutral shades,whether it be a look for popping to the shops or a dramatic smoky eye for a night on the tiles. This palette has it all!!



On the top row you have the following colours: (below from left to right top row)

Bare- A matte cream shade which I love to use as a highlight shade under the brow bone if I am using alot of shimmery shades on the lid and in the crease because it just brings harmony back to the look rather than having an over packed shimmery eye.

Kitten- This is a cult classic and I know why now. It is the most amazing champagne shimmering highlight shade that is super as a highlighter, in the inner corner of the eye or I often use it on the cheek bone to add a glow to my face. This is my favourite shade of them all.

Bliss- Another matte shade but this time a very flattering soft brown pinkish colour which for me is the perfect colour for blending into the crease to add depth and definition to your eyes.

Sunset- This is such a versatile shimmering copper colour that looks amazing on both the lid and in the crease.

Sandstone- A dark matte brown colour that is great for adding depth to any look. I tend to add this over Bliss but only in the outer V of my eye to add a gradient effect to my eye shadow.



On the bottom row the colours are also amazing: (above from left to right bottom row)

Bubbly- Oh what can I say, the most amazing golden shimmery shade I have tried. This is lovely all over the lid with bliss in the crease for a simple everyday look.

Gilded Golden- This is a fab medium brown colour with golden sparkles. Again fab all over the lid or for adding dimension to the crease of the eye. Yummy!!

Luster- This is a deeper aubergine shade with golden shimmer in it. The shimmer isn't too obvious but just adds a little something extra to a look.

Night Sky- Is a Greyish blue colour that is amazing on all eye colours. I love this colour because its totally different to the rest. I like to wear this as part of a strong smoky eye.

Ebony- Finally this shade is a really pigmented matte black. This is a must for any smokey eye look. I often use this as an eyeliner on days when I don't want to use a cream or pencil liner. Also amazing for smoking out the corners of the eyes or the crease.

Overall the shadows are highly pigmented. I love that they are almost creamy to feel and so blend effortless which means that creating a smoky eye look isn't difficult as the shadows work with you.


There is some downfalls to this palette and the first is that the shadows do tend to fall down under your eye if you use too much so to avoid this I would recommend using a primer to prime the lids and then also only apply the shadow to one side of your eye-shadow brush and pat the product on the lid which will prevent too much fall out. I also am not a massive fan of the packaging of the product. Because it is cardboard it can tend to get a little battered if you travel alot and can also get a little grubby. Although I do LOVE that it comes with a great size mirror on the lid of the palette and also that it has a magnetic close on it to stop it opening when you are on the move. But my favourite thing about the packaging is the cute little quote above the mirror "believe in the beauty of the future"....very positive start to the day seeing this every morning....
If the packaging was more like the Urban Decay Naked 2 (definitely not the Naked palette) in a tin box then I would be one happy camper!!!

As if the eye shadows weren't amazing enough Stila really knocked my socks off with the lovely liner they included in this palette. Its in the shade Damsel which is the nicest rich brown colour I have used, in fact this is my favourite eye liner pencil I have ever used....it even tops Avon's Supershock liner which was my holy grail for years. As the name suggests it is smudgeable but you do need to work fast with the smudging because it is also a waterproof product so it tends to set dry pretty quickly and once it sets it ain't coming off too easily. I use it daily on my upper lash line and it doesn't move. It doesn't last all day on my waterline but it does tend to last a few hours so would be great for nights out or during the day if you don't mind touching up your waterline once or twice. I love this little beauty.

This palette has been compared to the original Urban Decay Naked palette and I can see the similarities because they have similar shades but in my opinion this palette is better. The shadows are much easier to blend and the shades just have a slight edge over the UD Naked ones.....just my opinion...!!!

I hope you found this post informative and if you would like to ask me any questions please feel free.

Have a great day my beauties. xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment