13 May 2013

DECODERM MAKE UP|CARE Review




So anyone that has followed me for the last few months would know that I struggle with extra sensitive skin prone to acne breakouts but at the same time I am a makeup addict!! So when I was given the opportunity to try a makeup brand that was good for my skin and created with sensitive skin in mind I leaped at the chance. 

ABOUT THE BRAND

Beauty Professionals have all loved and trusted ALPAPARF Milano for over two decades now. This well known name has given us high quality and reliable skincare and haircare for a long time now and their most recent additional to their portfolio is no exception!!! 
Introducing DECODERM MAKE UP|CARE a range of makeup products that have been scientifically researched and developed aswell as tested by dermatologists and opthamologists to reduce the risks of irritations and allergic reactions to the skin. The entire range is fragrance and paraben free and it claims to give women natural products but that perform just like our usual cosmetic brands that are full of lots of nasties. 
DECODERM offers a range of products in the line from amazing under makeup primers to on trend lipsticks and everything in between!

DECODERM MAKE UP|CARE


PRODUCTS I TRIED AND TESTED

So on to the good stuff now. The products I tried and loved are: 
-16H Aqua Foundation in Shade 03 (slightly too dark for my normal skin but beautiful with tan)
-Hydra Blush in Shade 02
-3D Magnificent Gloss in Shade 03 

Love the pump bottle. Makes application easy

I have an obsession with foundation but often breakout when I try new ones so was really excited to give the 16H Aqua Foundation a try. The reason I chose this one over the other foundations in the range was because it claims to keep skin moisturised (but not oily) while staying in place for 16hours+, my type of foundation!! My experience with this foundation was nothing but positive. I adore the texture of this product, the minute its applied you can feel it giving you the hydration that your skin needs but without adding any unwanted oil to the skin. The coverage is very good but not OTT or cakey and definitely does last a long time with no more powder touch ups than I have to do with other foundations. I also love the fact that this foundation has natural protective filters that helps protect the skin against UV Rays.

3D Gloss and Hydra Blush swatch

The Hydra Blush is my favourite product from the three I tried. This little beauty actually contains Hyaluronic Acid which is amazing for keeping elasticity and moisture in the skin. This blush blends effortlessly and stays put all day. I noticed that my cheeks seemed flawless and almost airbrushed when I applied this blush so I had to do some investigation and it is made from soft focus powders which aid in masking imperfections and also diffuses light. The colour I chose is a rosy colour that gives a beautiful flush to the cheeks but is buildable so you can apply as much as you want to get your desired look. This blush is in no way cakey or powdery and is a definite staple in my makeup kit from now on. 

Great Brush Applicator

The 3D Magnificent Gloss also contains Hyaluronic Acid which is great in a gloss as it adds and maintains moisture to the lips.I chose a peachy coral colour in the lipgloss as this would be one that I would use on an everyday basis so thought this would be best to try out for you all. Again, I have nothing bad to say about this product. It adds a beautiful sheen to the lips and definitely does plump them up (without that tingle feeling). My favourite thing about this product is the applicator. It is a brush type applicator that makes applying the product very easy and is not messy in anyway. Love this. I love to layer this over lipsticks to add a new dimension to the colour of the lipstick. I did notice a beautiful pout to my lips after trying this gloss and this is thanks to the amazing ingredients jam packed into this little tube. It contains a blend of Volulip and Hyaluronic Acid that work together to give a great power pout combination. 

So when I apply my makeup now using DECODERM MAKE UP|CARE Products I think all the boxes are ticked.
-Flawless skin without breakouts....TICK
-Flushed cheeks that last all day......TICK
-A beautifully mositurisered and voluminous lip.....TICK

Love the embossed logo on the blush

The packaging of this brand is so on trend too. Its very sleek and understated but they have great little added touches to some of their products. I love the powder products because they have the DECODERM logo engraved into the powder, a pretty added bonus. 

Ok so I think I best stop rambling now. As you can tell I love this brand and am really happy to have been given the opportunity to try this. People in general (and I am no exception) are often skeptical to try makeup brands that are not from the usual makeup houses such as MAC, Estee Lauder, Lancome etc but I think the lesson learned here is that we need to experiment more because if we don't we may be missing out on hidden treasures like this brand that will not only give us great looking skin but will give us increased skincare benefits. 

DECODERM MAKE UP|CARE can be purchased from Zinc Hairspa and its very reasonably priced. The 3D Lipgloss is €14.90, the Hydra Blush is €15.90 and the 16H Aqua Foundation is €26.50. The ladies in the salon are so friendly and will be happy to help you choose the right products for your skin type and makeup needs. Definitely worth a look and a try! 

Thank you for reading my review and I would love to hear if you have had any experience with this brand. One thing for sure is that I am its new biggest fan. 

Have a lovely day.
Big Kisses xxxx



**I did receive these products for review but am in no way paid by Zinc Hairspa or Decoderm. The opinions above are 100% my own honest opinions. Thank you**




No comments:

Post a Comment