3 Aug 2013

L'oreal's Latest Lovely-Micellar Water

So I think everyone knows by now that I am a makeup addict but I do also know that if I choose to wear alot of makeup that I must be willing to take it all off before going to bed to ensure that my skin stays as young and breakout free as possible. I always seen the Youtube Guru's using Bioderm which was a cleansing water that seemed to remove all traces of makeup. However, Bioderm isn't easy to get my hands on so when I seen that other cosmetic brands had jumped on the band wagon I was keen to go along for the ride.


So I chose to try L'oreal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution. So what is a Micellar cleansing water then? Well supposedly the French have used it for years and we are just really late to give it a go. It is basically a solution that has tiny oil particles in it that claims to break down the makeup fast and without being abrasive to the skin.It just feels like you are applying water to your skin. The L'oreal Paris version also claims to be a makeup remover, toner and skin smoother while drawing out impurities and excess oil.


So how did I get on with this product?

I have to admit I do not use this product on its own. I use this as the first step in my cleansing routine. I will take a small amount on a cotton pad and swipe it over my face and neck (I can repeat this step up to three times when I have alot of makeup on) and then I use a seperate soaked pad to remove my eye makeup. It removes all traces of eye makeup and I never have mascara left under my eyes the morning after. However, it does leave a tiny amount of foundation on my face and so I like to use my everyday cleanser (currently Michael Todd Honey and Oat Cleanser) with my Clarisonic to remove the rest. I have seen people use their normal cleanser then use the Micellar solution afterwards so it really depends on what you prefer.

Since introducing this product into my skincare regime I have definitely seen an improvement in my breakouts, they are alot less frequent and my skin looks clearer and cleaner than normal. When I use it my skin feels clean and refreshed but not irritated or sensitized.

The only down side I would say to this product is that I feel I need to use ALOT to see a benefit from it but I feel it is worth it and because it isn't expensive I don't mind so much.Also, if I apply to much to a cotton pad and take my eye makeup off my eyes can sting so just be careful around the eye area and you should be fine.

All in all a great little addition to my skincare regime and I think I will be using this for awhile yet. It can be purchased from boots and is available at a discounted price of €4.46 for 200ml at the moment so be sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment