22 Mar 2013

Sigma Mrs. Bunny Essential Brush Kit


Brush holder open-amazing for holding brushes

Ever since I received the Sigma Mrs Bunny Brush Collection for Christmas I have been in love. I wanted to write a post sooner on these amazing brushes but I thought I would thoroughly test them and do a full review on them instead of just introducing them to you all. I have used them every day since Christmas day so I have used them to the max and have to say I am not disappointed.

For those of you who are not aware of the Sigma brand. This innovative company was founded by a Brazilian couple whom now operate from the US. The brand offers some of the highest quality professional products on the market but at really reasonable prices. The brand is mostly known for their amazing quality brushes but are also venturing into other areas such as makeup products in recent time. Sigma offers both Natural haired and Synthetic haired brushes.

The first ever brush I tried from the Sigma line was the F80 Flat Kabuki Brush which I adore for Foundation application. This brush is part of the Sigma Sigmax line which is a line of synthetic brushes that are made with special fibres that not only work the products into the skin to give you  a flawless high definition finish but also can be used to apply liquid, cream and powder products without the product clogging in the bristles which in my eyes is a big plus as I hate brushes that hold the product in the bristles as I feel the brush is never clean no matter how hard you scrub it.

The brush holder closed. Great for travel



So when I decided that I “needed” (wanted) a new brush collection I knew Sigma was the place to look. I am a huge fan of liquid and cream makeup products so personally I absolutely adore synthetic brushes and when I researched and found that this collection contained the same fibres as in the Sigmax range but in a less dence format (as for example the F80 is very dense and stiff brush to allow for precise application) I was sold. As this collection is made from all Synthetic fibres it is also Vegan Friendly which is an added bonus for sure.  But I have to be honest, as lame as this may sound the big selling point for me was the amazing colours of the brushes. I absolutely adore the blue and pink handles of these brushes and I also love that the names of the brushes are engraved into the handle of the brush rather than just printed on it as this can easily rub off and you soon forget what the brush name is (this isn’t great for me as a makeup artist if I want to recommend a certain brush to a client.) I am also a big fan of the brush holder that comes with each Sigma Brush collection. It’s a really nifty brush holder that can be used to safely store your brushes for travel or can be taken apart and used as two separate little brush holders for storing your brushes on your vanity unit.

So now on to nitty gritty details of the product. This collection contains 12 brushes which range from a really large powder brush to a tiny liner brush. The price of the collection is €120(that’s €10 per brush!!!)  from www.cloud10beauty.com which is great value for money. Also when you spend €50 or more at cloud10 you receive free shipping. You also get free samples with every order and free beauty points which you can use against future purchases. Could you ask for anymore???? The value for money of this kit is amazing, these brushes are some of the best on the market and you get them for a similar price to some lower end brush ranges.

Mrs Bunny Face brushes (5 brushes)
Close up of holographic engraving

Mrs Bunny eye brushes(7 brushes)
The 12 brushes that are included in the Mrs Bunny Essentials collection are:
E05 - Eye Liner Brush: This can be used with gel or liquid liners and its really stiff so you can get a really precise line with it.
E30 – Pencil Brush: This has to be one of my favourite brushes in this line. It’s a great brush for softening any harsh lines around the eye area and given that smoky eye look to the eyes. I love to use this product to apply a darker colour on my lower lash line or to smudge my eyeliner if I want a smoky eyes look.
E40 - Tapered Blending Brush: This brush is great for blending colours into the crease of the eye to create that contoured look to the eye. This brush blends colours effortlessly.
E55 - Eye Shading Brush: I use this brush to apply colour to the eyelid. It’s a perfect sized brush to allow for even application of product and as it is dense it allows you to control the colour application which eliminates fall down of product below the eyes.
E60 - Large Shader Brush: The instructions you get with this kit advises to use this to apply colour to the lids. I use this brush mainly to blend out any concealer or to apply a heavier application of foundation around the nose or chin area.
E65 - Small Angled Brush: This can be used to apply cream or powder liners to the upper and lower lash line but I like to use this to fill in my eyebrows. I find it gives very precise application of products and allows me to define my brows perfectly.
E70 - Medium Angled Shading Brush: I use this brush to apply highlight under the brow bone, down the bridge of my nose or on the top of my cheekbones.
F30 - Large Powder: This brush is AMAZING for applying a very even high definition application of powder to the entire face. A really fantastic brush.
F40 - Large Angled Contour Brush: I like to use this brush to apply my cheek colour but can also be used to contour the cheek bones really beautifully.
F50 - Duo Fibre Brush: When I think of the Sigmax range and how it claims to create an airbrushes HD finish I automatically think of this brush, it really does create a flawless finish and it can be used to apply cream, liquid or powder products. I love to use this to apply my bronzing powder.
F60 – Foundation Brush: This can be used to apply a really smooth layer of foundation and it works perfectly well as this. However as I use my F80 brush (not in this kit) I tend to use this for applying my primer each morning.
F70 – Concealer Brush: Great for applying concealer to small areas and in particular to blemishes as it applies the right amount of product without overloading the area. I also love to use this to get right in around the hard to reach areas of my eyes, nose and around my mouth.

I have heard people complain in the past about shedding of Sigma brushes but I do believe that this Sigmax line does not shed so I would highly recommend trying them out. I have washed my brushes a lot since Christmas and they have not shed and I don’t expect them to anytime soon. Another great thing about these brushes is that once washed they go back to their original shape with minimal effort so you can continue to enjoy the brushes in their original shape for a very long time. The one thing that I did miss from this collection was a lip brush. I did reach for it a couple of times only to realise it’s not contained in this kit, however I am sure you could use one of the other brushes in this collection as a lip brush.

I know it may seem that I have said nothing but good about this collection but in all honesty I cannot fault it, it’s an amazing collection that offers unbeatable value for money and a brush kit that I would recommend you check out if you are thinking of buying a new brush set. I have to be honest when I first used this collection it took me some time to get used to the brushes but once I did I was hooked and I have seen a transformation in the way my makeup looks especially my face products (powder, foundation etc) and its all thanks to these brushes.
A small note to conclude: The Bunny Collection has two kits in the range. My absolute favouirte is the Mrs Bunny Collection which is the one I spoke about here and the other is the Mr Bunny Collection which is the same brushes but with black handles which would look very professional if you were to use them in a makeup artist’s kit.
You will not be disappointed in this brush collection or any other Sigma brush for that matter so be sure to check them out at www.cloud10beauty.com.
Thank you for taking your time to read my review and keep posted for more xxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment