22 Mar 2013

My Favourite e.l.f Products


Hey everyone,
So I think its safe to say I am an absolute makeup and beauty addict. I am like a magpie when it comes to cosmetics and cannot control myself on payday when I know I have "excess" cash to treat myself with. I absolutely ADORE high end makeup and never think twice about splurging on the latest makeup craze no matter how much it costs...although I sometimes regret it afterwards but I think that's all part of the fun of being a girl. However, I love nothing more than getting a bargain and finding products that really work but don't break the bank. I believe I have definitely found what I am looking for in the brand e.l.f. This brand is really inexpensive but alot of their products really do give high end brands a run for their money and deliver high quality and reliable products. I have not tried everything in the range and have not LOVED every single product I have tried but there are some products that I absolutely love and some that I actually would find it hard to live without. In this post I want to share with you my favourite e.l.f products and give you an honest insight into the brand as a whole.

So lets start with the basics. e.l.f is a web based cosmetic brand that is not available to purchase in the shops. The delightful goodies can be purchased from www.eyeslipsface.co.uk.
E.l.f have three ranges:
-Essentials Range: This is their most inexpensive range and prices start at £1.50. This range features products that are in simple packaging but there are alot of great products in this range.
-Studio Range: This range includes some of my favourite e.l.f products. Prices start from £3.75 and the products come in very sleek, sturdy and sophisticated packaging,
-Mineral Range- This range is packed with 100% Natural Mineral based products that are so luxurious and high quality. Prices in this range start from £3.00.
(B.T.W for all my Irish readers I have stated prices in Sterling Pounds above as thats how they are on the website....sorry!!)


OK so now that the basics are out of the way lets get on to the exciting stuff...my all time favourite e.l.f products.
When I think of e.l.f three products come into my mind and these are the three that I will feature first. Two of these I use absolutely EVERY day in my own makeup routine and start to have panic attacks when they run low.

First up is the Studio eyebrow kit in Medium Shade...
I cannot rave enough about this product. I am a fanatic for eyebrows and this is 100% my go-to eyebrow kit.
This kit contains a brow wax and a brow powder. These products work so well with my eyebrow shade and keep my eyebrows so defined and in place all day long. I never see colour fade or smudging with this product. It's simply amazing and would recommend it to everyone.
Here is the link if you would like to check it out:
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/eyebrows/studio-eyebrow-kit/invt/81300/


My next e.l.f hero product is Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in shade Caicos
This kit contains a peach blush and the most amazing bronzing colour. These are both great dupes for NARS Orgasm Blush and Laguna Bronzer. Both of these products contain a slight shimmer which would usually really turn me off a product but I don't feel like these reflect bad in photos or make the face over shiny or greasy looking. Instead they both give an amazing sunkissed glow to the skin. Really adore this product. I'm quiet new to this product but am addicted and will definitely repurchase when the product runs out which probably won't be anytime soon as you get a decent amount of product for your buck (£3.75 to be exact).
Here's the link...check it out:

http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/blush/contouring-blush+bronzing-powder/invt/83600/




The third product I think of when I think of e.l.f is from the Mineral range and its the Mineral Infused Face Primer.
As primers go this is very inexpensive at only £6.00 and I have loved this for many years. Its a clear primer which I love because you have no problems with trying to match colours. This is a very hassle free primer that creates a great canvas for makeup application and does give some of the high end silicone based primers a run for their dollar.
This isn't my go-to primer at the moment as I found a similar product that I like slightly more but that doesn't mean that I don't love e.l.f and feel that its well worth the money and a definite one to try.
My full review on this product can be found here:
http://kissandmakeup1.weebly.com/1/category/product%20reviews/1.htm
and the product can be purchased here:
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/primer/mineral-infused-face-primer/invt/83401/
OK so the above are my top three e.l.f products and the ones that sum up the brand for me. However, I have many more favourites which I adore as much as the above.. These are more general lines of products I love rather that one specific colour.



I love all of the elf Studio Blush'. You get a great quality blush for a tiny price and they really do last all day and have great colour pay off. You can't actually ask for more from a blush. The range of colours is fantastic although I do adore blushing rose the most....
You can find these for £3.75 right here:
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/blush/blush/invt/83130/



The range of Nail Polishes offered by e.l.f is amazing and the quality isn't bad either. Lets face it they are only £1 at the moment so they are not your high end OPI or Essie nail polishes but they have an excellent range of colours and really are long wearing so what more can you ask for. I love the fact that you can buy the latest nail colour trends for little or nothing and if you don't like it or you feel it doesn't suit you then you don't feel you have wasted too much cash on them. Also you can build up your nail collection pretty fast.
A must see for sure:
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/-sale-/nail-polish/invt/1500/


This product is the e.l.f super glossy lip shine. These products genuinely amaze me. I adore lipgloss and love them even more when they actually give my lips some colour. These are one of my favourites. They taste amazing and the colour pay off is exceptional. For only £1.50 they are a must for every makeup bag. My favourites are Goddess and Pink Kiss but I would wear them all together everyday if I could.
These yummies are available right here:
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/gloss/super-glossy-lip-shine/invt/2800/
I also adore the Hypershine Gloss. The packaging is so convenient and as the name suggests they give an amazing high shine. Another great product available here:
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/gloss/hypershine-lip-gloss/invt/9000/


My favourite range of lipsticks from e.l.f would have to be theMineral Lipsticks. They are so creamy and high;y pigmented and are amazing when teamed with a beautiful gloss. My favourite colours are party pink and runway pink. They are both very natural shades but great for using when you are opting for a smoky eye look.
Have a look for yourself:
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/lipstick/mineral-lipstick/invt/6700/


The Studio line's High Definition Powder is another must have for all makeup addicts. I always loved the Makeup Forever version of this and didn't believe anything could come close to that until I found this product. To be honest there isn't much difference between the two products and as this one is only £6.00 I would recommend trying this if you want to try a HD Powder product.
You can use this directly over foundation as a setting powder but as my skin produces some oil during the day I prefer to use this after my setting powder. It gives a flawles look to the skin and really is amazing under the camera lights. I use the translucent colour and although it has a white colour it doesn't have a flash back on cameras. You can find this product at this link
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/powder/high-definition-powder/invt/83330/


If you are ordering from e.l.f I would recommend popping the Essentials Wet Gloss Lash&Brow Clear Mascara in your basket. This little beauty is only £1.50 and amazing for taming unruely eyebrows or giving your lashes a natural look on those no makeup days. Its a dual ended product that has one end for mascara and one for eyebrow gloss.
You can't go wrong for the price
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/mascara/wet-gloss-lash+brow-clear-mascara/invt/2201/


Eyelid Primers are such a big craze in the last few years as people want to get the best out of their eyeshadow. E.l.f have two eyelid primers one from the essentials range £1.50
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/concealers+primers/eyelid-primer/invt/7500/
and one from the studio range for £3.75
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/concealers+primers/eye-primer+liner-sealer/invt/81701/
Both products work well in keeping your makeup in place and for the price compared to others on the market I would say they are worth trying out.

The Essentials Liquid liner is an absolute steal at £1.50. They have a great range of colours and the product lasts a very long time on your eyes but my favourite one has to be the copper colour. I adore this for adding sparkle to the eyes for a glam nightime look.
Make your eyes twinkle by buying this must have...you won't be sorry
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/eyeliner/liquid-eyeliner/invt/4200/



The Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray is the very last step in my daily makeup routine. This locks in all the makeup I have applied and really does help keep my makeup in place all day long. I adore makeup setting sprays and this is one of my favourites. I also love to spray it on during the day as a pick me up for tired and dull looking skin.
Take a look you won't be disappointed. It only costs £3.75.
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/tools/studio-makeup-mist+set/invt/85023/


E.l.f offers a really wide range of brushes and tools that are great products for the price. If you are looking to add to or update your brush/tool collection and don't want to spend a fortune then I would highly recommend trying the e.l.f range out. These are not always my go-to brushes but that is because I am a professional makeup artist and so have spent a massive amount of money on my brushes as they need to last me years so I tend to go for my professional brushes over these. However, I have many friends who do use these brushes everyday and are happy with them. The essentials range has a wooden handle and so can tend to chip and break but I have MAC brushes that have done the exact same thing. The trick is when you are washing your brushes to only allow the actual bristles to get wet and not the whole brush as the water will cause the wooden handles to break away.

Some of the brushes and tools I would recommend from the e.l.f line are as follows:
From the Essentials range I like the eyeshadow brush, blushing,bronzing and blending brush, smudge brush, blending brush and eye crease brush. These brushes start at £1.50, seriously how could you go wrong.

The Studio range is made from synthetic hair and although they are a little more expensive (start at £3.75) they are better quality. I prefer to use this range for cream type products such as lip liner foundation, eyeliner etc. whereas the essentials range is great for powder products such as eyeshadow and blush etc. The ones I like from this range are the Retractable lip brush, angled foundation brush, the stipple brush, concealer brush and small angled brush which I use for cream liner. I also love the powder brush.

E.l.f also have a bamboo range of brushes which I haven't tried but I will be sure to check these out and give you all my feedback on them.

The tools I adore from e.l.f are the mechanical eyelash curlers, the tweezers and the dual pencil sharpener.
All of these products can be found at this link:
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/shop/tools/icat/tools/

OK so I think that's about it. As you can see I adore the e.l.f range and really have found some great products. As I said I haven't tried all of the products yet but I have tried ALOT and the ones I haven't tried I plan to do so very soon and will have a blog update as soon as I have fully tested the,m.

Everything I mentioned above are products that have really worked for me. I have a very busy lifestyle and often do not get to touch up my makeup during the day so the products I use must withstand the test of time and these products most certainly do that.

If I have not mentioned a products from e.l.f (or any other brand ) that you are interested in please feel free to contact me and I will definitely try help you and give my honest opinion.
My opinion is 100% independent so you can trust my judgement on these products. However, I would like to say that they may not work for everyone although I do believe that they will.

One last thing to mention is that you really need to "LIKE" e.l.f's facebook page and regularly check their website as although their products are ridiculously inexpensive already they often have amazing money off promotions which makes trying the products even more fun and affordable.

Thanks a mill everyone for taking their time to read this and I hope you found this helpful.
Happy Shopping my beauties
XXXXX



3 comments:

  1. Great post! I love elf products too they are seriously AMAzing!!! I've done some posts about elf, check them out on my blog

    beautyinspirationstop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is really valuable that designed for the new visitors. Pleasing work, keep on writing.orogold reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all time fond of reading the blog, when I reached to this blog I wondered to read such informative article, it inspired me a lot thanks. Vine Vera

    ReplyDelete