3 May 2013

April 2013 Beauty Favourites



I was loving a heck of alot of things for the month of April but alot of them were towards the end of the month so I think I will leave some of them until May favourites as I have no doubt I will be loving them this month too. Although my April favourites do consist of some fanatastic products that I am obsessed with at the moment




I have to start off with my favourite product of April. Thebalm's Mary Lou Manizer is the best highlighter I have ever tried...period. This gives the most amazing champagney golden highlight to the skin without looking overly sparkly or glittery. Its stunning for skintone and for any occassion. This cost me €18.75 from FeelUnique and I have to say its the best money I have ever spent. I love to apply this to the top of my cheekbones and under my browbone for a real natural but noticable glow to the skin. Let me know if you would like a more indepth review on this.



Dr. Jart+ Waterfuse Beauty Balm is an absolute favourite of mine. This will remain a staple in my makeup collection for a very long time. Check out my full review on this little beauty. 


Oh what can I say about MAC Studio Fix Fluid. This has saved my life (well not literally) in April. I rediscovered this recently and cannot believe how much coverage it gives me and how long it lasts on my skin. I think this is around €31 from any MAC counter. I am shade NC20 without tan or with a light tan. I am having acne breakouts at the moment and people keep telling me how well my skin looks. If only they could see whats under my layer of MAC studio fix fluid!!! I love to pair this with the DR Jart BB Cream for a beautiful fresh face that covers well but doesn't look cakey. 


To set my face of makeup and keep it in place all day I love to use Urban Decay's all nighter spray. A few light sprays gets rid of that powdery look to your skin but yet keeps your foundation locked in all day. I also love to use this during the day to freshen up my makeup. I have definitely noticed a considerable difference in the length my makeup lasted after using this. This product is between €23-€28 depending on where you purchase it from. I find Beautybay is the most reasonable and they offer free shipping. Urban Decay also offer other setting sprays for different skin types including one called De slick which is for oily skin. The all nighter tends to work for my normal/combination skin but I know people who have oily skin and swear by the De slick version so be sure to check out the full range before purchasing.


Daniel Sandler is a well renouned makeup artist with lots of celebrity clients under his belt. I have been a fan of his makeup for many years and his watercolour blushes have to be my favourite. They are a water type blush that is applied to the apples of your cheeks to give a beautiful flushed look to the skin. These blushes are very natural looking but really add that wow factor to any makeup look. I have four of these blushes and plan to buy more soon. If you would like to see a more indepth review on these let me know. You can purchase them from Beautyemporium.


In April I found my favourite mascara of all time (well so far anyway). I was and still am in love with Clinique's High Impact Mascara in Black. This gives my lashes so much volume without clumping or looking spidery. A great mascara that doesn't flake and adds depth and intensity to your eyes, what more can I say!! Oh yes the price, this mascara will set you back €19.50 and is available at any Clinique counter. 




Another Clinique product I am loving is the Chubby Sticks Moisturising Lip colour Balm especially in shade Whoppin' Watermelon. This is a great little lip product that is easy to use and adds a really lovely sheer but noticeable shine to the lips. I love this for everyday use. They are also very moisturising on the lips. This product is €19 from any Clinique counter.


I am still loving the Karora self tan mist. This gives me such a beautiful tan without any streaks and is effortless to use. Check out my review for more details. 



And last up is my favourite haircare product of the moment. Its the cult Moroccanoil Original. I am obsessed with this stuff and start to panic when I forget to put it into my hair as I know my hair just won't be quiet right without it. I apply this to damp hair after I wash my hair or sometimes I use this to defrizz my hair after blowdrying it. It takes the frizz away very easily and doesn't weigh your hair down at all. There are many oils on the market that are trying to outdo this but in my opinion there is nothing that can beat this little beauty. This is an expensive product (around €40 for a 100ml bottle) but its an investment as your hair will definitely be less dry and much healthier looking with this. 

Well that's what I have been loving in April and am still loving today. If you have any favourites that you are loving please let me know as I am always in the market for trying new products.  Also if you want an indepth review on any of the products above please let me know. I hope you found this useful and thank you for taking time out to read this. Big Kisses and have a fantastic LONG weekend.  XXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment