30 Mar 2013

My March 2013 Favourites


Hey everyone. Can you believe that it is the end of March already???????

So I am back again with my favourite products of the month. These products are ones that I have been loving and have used a tonne during the month of March 2013. I hope you enjoy!



So first up is a product that I purchased end of Feb/start of March and have used it literally everyday since then. Its the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation (I am shade Nude). I have by no means got clear skin and although this foundation does claim to have a "refreshingly light" finish it seems to cover up my blemishes and mask some of my discoloration pretty well. I do need to apply concealer in the areas where I have my acne breakouts but on good days I need very little concealer over this product. I love how it gives me a lovely fresh, glowing look to the skin. Although I do get breakouts I am really not a fan of heavy thick looking foundations. I would rather a fresh looking face with extra coverage in areas where I need it most.




At the same time as buying the Nearly Naked foundation I bought the Revlon Nearly Naked Powder and Oh My Gosh have I fallen in love with this powder. It gives me a finish like no other. It is such a finely milled powder that it doesn't cake at all on your skin and gives a really even velvety look to the skin. On my really bad skin days I would set my foundation with a translucent loose powder and then top it off with this bad boy and I am blemish free and good to go. On not so bad skin days I just use this product over my Nearly Naked foundation and that is enough for me. I love that it gives me a little extra coverage on top of the coverage of the foundation but doesn't look cakey or very matte. A definite staple for me my lovelies. 




I am a massive fan of Real Techniques brushes so I decided to check out the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush in March. This brush is so cool. Its like a mix between a traditional foundation brush and the kabuki/buffing type brushes. You can "paint" on the foundation with this or buff it in to the skin. I do both sometimes depending on my mood. 



I have been in work early every morning for the past few weeks so in the morning times I want a quick and easy makeup routine that wont let me down. To achieve this I have reached a lot for my Urban Decay Naked 2 pallet (especially shades chopper and bootycall). You can create endless looks with this kit from a really subtle daytime look to a dramatic smoky night time look. A must in everyone's makeup bag if you ask me. I do prefer this to the Original Naked pallet because the shades are much cooler which suits my skin tone better(aswell as alot of other irish and english gals).




To pair with my everyday eyelook I have been loving Mac's Big Baby Plushglass. This is a really sheer nude coloured lipgloss that just gives your lips loads of volume and sex appeal. Its great on its own or even nicer over a nude pink lipstick. Beautiful!!




Because my skin is acting up lately I make sure to clean my foundation and concealer brush daily and to do this I am loving the e.l.f daily brush cleanser. This stuff gets rid of all the product in the brush aswell as disinfecting the brush before my next use. 



I am obsessed with Balmi lip balm in mint this month. It has an SPF of 25 and is packed with great vitamins to leave your lips soft and kissable all day long. I love the fresh feeling it gives when I apply it. It has even replaced my holy grail rosebud salve which is a shock because I have loved that product for years!!



Next up is a perfume I have loved this month. Although the weather was a tad bit miserable this month this perfume has cheered me up every morning and made me feel like it was spring even when the weather said otherwise. The perfume is DKNY's Be Delicious perfume. It lasts a longtime on me and I have had compliments on how fresh I smell. A lovely everyday perfume if I do say so. I am dying to try the other perfumes in this line.I did receive this as a gift to try it out but this doesn't matter because I am only honest with my followers and if I didn't like it I wouldn't be mentioning it here. Next time you are shopping have a sniff and see if you like it as much as I do!




Last up is my all time favourite nail product. Its my gel polishes! Especially this one in shade "Old New,Borrowed Blue". I am in love with this colour this month and absolutely love the fact that you just apply this product every two weeks and it will not chip, fade or smudge. Its such an amazing invention. I cant get enough of these little lads.

Well that's it for this month. They are the products I am absolutely loving at the moment and would recommend you check out next time you are out shopping. I am looking forward to the month of April when I can test out more new great products and let you all know about them. Happy Easter to you all and enjoy your weekend. Lots of love and Easter cuddles xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment