22 Mar 2013

My February 2013 Favourites



Hello There,
So I have kept my new years resolution and am trying LOTS of new makeup and beauty products. During February I tried a fair few products, both brand new products and some I have tried before and just gave them another go in February. This post is all about the products I loved most and products I would recommend. I hope you enjoy



The First Product I am in love with is the L'oreal Expert Intense Repair Shampoo for Dry Hair. I don't necessarily have dry hair but I do tend to get frizzy hair as my hair is naturally curly. I bought this at Christmas time and I have to say it is amazing. I have seen a really big difference in my hair and have had alot of compliments. I feel it really does hydrate my hair without weighing it down so it allows my curls to stay bouncy. I know some people do not believe in spending money on expensive haircare but I recently have become a firm believer in good haircare. You just cant beat it. I also got the mask in the same range and this is great. I use it as a normal conditioner and if I want a more intense treatment I leave it in for longer. These products smell amazing and really have given my hair great body and nutrients.




Next up is the Sigma Mrs Bunny Essential Brush Kit. I use this kit everyday and love it so much. For my full review please check out my review in my product reviews.

I always love a fresh peach glow to the skin in Spring/Summer. So I decided I would get ahead of the game and try the Benefit Coralista. This product is around for a few years now but I never tried it before now. I had read so many great reviews on this product and so I decided to give it a go. I have to admit I wasn't disappointed. The minute I opened the box the beautiful sweet smell hit me and I was sold. Then it got better when I tried the product. It gives me the most amazing "glow from within" look that is very hard to find in a product. It is a little pricey at €34 but you get ALOT of product and it really is worth the splurge!


I have always suffered with dark circles and blemishes(sometimes really angry acne) so I am always searching for a great under-eye concealer and a blemish concealer but I never expected to find the two products in one as usually you need a light consistency for under the eye and a thicker one for covering redness and blemishes. However, I do think I found it in this product. Its great for under the eye area as it gives you great coverage but doesn't sit in fine lines. The product is just as good for covering blemishes, it has a great thick consistency but one that spreads evenly. It seems Revlon have made another great base product. I just love this brand!!!
I am not currently using this for my under eye area as I am road testing something else at the moment but I have used it and use it on clients and it stays put all day and night and doesn't crease like so many other products(even high end ones). I am using this everyday for blemishes though and it has become my holy grail blemish concealer. Its around €10.99 so it is very reasonable especially if you use it for both areas.





I am an addict when it comes to black liner. The blacker the better I say. I love the intensity of gel and liquid liners but as I am up early every morning I don't have time or energy to apply these products perfectly. I have been using pencil liner for years now and have loved Avon's Supershock Gel Liner for many years. I have tried many high end brands and nothing comes close to this product. It comes in a pencil which means it is extremely easy to apply. This stuff literally glides across the eye and the finish is exactly like a gel liner(just like the name suggests). I can 100% verify that this product doesn't smudge as I often wear it for 15 hours at a time. I mostly wear it on my top lash line and would wear it on my waterline on nights out and it has NEVER let me down. I think the full price of this is under €8 but its almost always on special offer in the Avon catalogue.


Every Christmas I get the big Soap and Glory gift set as a present. When I received it this year I was slightly disappointed when I seen there was a mascara in it so I left it in my drawer until the beginning of February when I decided to give it a go. I have to say I was amazed by this product. I love the way it makes my lashes look. It gives me loads of volume and length and doesn't clump or flake which is exactly what you want from a mascara. The wand is quiet thick (reminds me of the Diorshow mascara) which is great for coating your upper lashes but requires control to apply to the bottom lashes so be careful when doing this. Also the product does tend to try out quick as I feel I need a new one and am not using it that long. However, all that said its a fantastic mascara and I will definitely be repurchasing this.




I have used the e.l.f brow kit for ages now and when MUA had a 50% sale on I decided I would try some (or alot) of their products and this was one of the products I definitely wanted to try. This kit contains a light and dark brow colour, a wax and a highlighting shade. It also contains a mini dual ended brush and a mini tweezers. I use the dark brow colour everyday and its a perfect match for my eyebrows. If I am having a "no makeup day" I will use the lighter brow colour(would also be great for blondes). I also set my brows everyday with the wax. The powder is so pigmented and soft and glides on effortlessly but has amazing staying power. When combined with the wax your brows will stay in place all day long. I don't like the highlight colour as I feel it is way too dark to higlight so I dont use this. I dont use the brush either but I have tried it and its a really dense brush which is ideal for perfecting your brows. I really like the little tweezers. For such a small tool it does a great job. This kit is only £3.50 so you really cannot ask for more. I have tried many high end brow products and this one tops them all. A definite stable in my makeup kit from now on!!



The last of my Feb Fav's is another MUA product. Its the Love Hearts Lip Balm in Sweet Kiss. This Lipbalm is so nourishing to the lips but it also has a really beautiful finish and sheer colour which lasts for a very long time. If I don't want a really glossy lip I use this over my lipstick or on its own and I love the look it gives. It also tastes amazing which is always a plus!! I will have to try the other balms in this range. They are only £2.00 which is an absolute bargain for such a cool, fun and great product. 

So that's all my favourites for Feb 2013. I have already started to test new products and will continue to do so throughout March so stay tuned for some more product reviews during March. If you have any questions or would like me to do a more indepth review on any of the products mentioned above (or any other products) please let me know. Thanks a mill everyone and chat to you all soon xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment