1 Nov 2013

October '13 Beauty Favourites

Yep another month has come and gone and because I didn't do a favourites post last month I have alot to share with you all this month so I will get straight into it.

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

I was and am still loving Matte skin. It just makes me so happy when my makeup stays flawless all day long. To achieve this my go to foundation was definitely Rimmel's Stay Matte Liquid Mousse. Absolutely adore this foundation because it gives great coverage and is so easy and beautiful to apply. You can read my full in depth review here.

Benefit's The POREfessional Primer

I am testing lots of new primers at the moment (stay tuned for a primer post) and so far my favourite is benefits Porefessional Primer. This claims to minimise the appearance of pores and fine lines while at the same time create a flawless canvas for your makeup to stay in place all day. I am not sure if it actually helps prevent or reduce with fine lines and pores but it definitely masks them and my makeup does definitely stay on longer when I use this. Very impressed so far!!

Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette

I got the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette less than 2 weeks ago but I literally haven't used any other palette since getting this. It has such a huge variety of colours in it and you can create endless looks with it. The pigmentation of the shadows are amazing, they go on like cream but last so long. I just wish there were more matte shades in this palette because it can be shimmer overkill at times but other than that its great. Be sure to use a primer on your eyes to get the most from these shadows.

Gosh Growth Mascara

Staying with eyes I am loving Gosh's Growth Mascara. This makes my lashes look really voluminous and intense and doesn't smudge at all during the day. I did a review this month on this so for more info please take a look here .

Maybelline Masterdrama Eyeliner

I have been a fan of Avon's supershock gel pencil liner for years but when Avon was discontinued from Ireland I was on the hunt for a really intense black pencil liner, that looked like gel and lasts all day long. I think I may have found it. Maybelline's masterdrama eye liner is fantastic. The colour is super black and this will not budge throughout the day. I use this on my upper lid as eyeliner. I have also tried it in my waterline but it doesn't last as well there.

Urban Decay Venom Revolution Lipstick

I have been varying my lip colours a little this month. I adore Lime Crime's Lipstick in Geranium which is a pinky coraly colour but at the same time I am loving the berry lips this season and my favourite lipstick to achieve this look is either Mac's Rebel or Urban Decay's Venom. Both are really beautiful takes on this A/W trend and are definite staples in my lipstick collection for Autumn and Winter.

Karora's Express Bronzing Mousse

My favourite Fake Tan of the month has to be Karora's Express Bronzing Mousse. This gives the nicest glow to the skin without looking unnatural. It also wear extremely well and is so easy and fuss free to use. I have a full review here if you want to have a look see.

Indeed Labs Pepta-bright

I have been on a mission lately to finally get my skincare in line and to start working on my acne scarring. Indeed labs Pepti-bright has really made a difference to my skin. It is amazing to say the least. Again you can read my full review here. This is definitely my holy grail skin serum.

Pixy Lime Sorbet Shower Mousse

Finally I have been loving taking long shower or hot baths for the last few weeks now that the weather is getting colder and my two all time favourite products to help me on my way to bath time bliss are from the great Irish Brand Pixy.


For the shower I am literally obsessed with their Lime Sorbet Shower Mousse. This is a glass jar that has some semi solid product in the end and a shower puff which you wet and lift the product up then rub all over your body and it foams up to a beautiful creamy feeling foam that really hydrates, freshens and invigorates the skin. It is amazing to use in the morning time to wake up the senses.
Pixy Sensual Bath Oil

When I want to relax I reach for Pixys Bath Oils. You add a few drops to a warm bath and they tranform your bath into a luxury treat. Your skin feels wonderful after using these in your bath. Adding one of Pixy's bath bombs is great if you want that little something extra. Oh Bliss.

Well that's it for this months favourites. Thank you all for taking the time out to read my blog and please let me know what your favourite products are for October or if you have done a blogpost on these or Youtube video please leave the link down below.

Have a wonderful day
Take Care
Anita xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment