4 Jul 2013

No7's latest lip lovelies


I am not a massive fan of BB Creams in general. There are two BB Creams for the face which I love but that's about it. So I was a little skeptical when I seen that Boots No7 had launched their new BB Lips. But a friend of mine was kind enough to purchase one for me so I was more than happy to give it a go! 



The colour I received was Berry Rose which is a bright reddish colour. I am more of a neutral lippy gal (I am getting better though) so I was a little scared of this colour but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The colour is quiet sheer and so is very workable for a bright lippy virgin like myself. I was so impressed with this one that I decided to purchase one which was more on the neutral side which I could wear to work everyday and really give this new discovery a thorough testing. The shade I purchased was Blink Pink and because I had No7 vouchers I ended up getting it for €6.50 (normally €11). I really love this colour, its a bright pink summery colour and great for everyday.        
                                                                           
                 

So what did I actually think of the product? Overall, I really do like these products. I am a big fan of lipbalms but also love coloured lipgloss and I think this product gives me the best of both worlds. The colour is sheer but not too sheer that it is not noticeable on the lips. The thick consistency is so moisturising and even after the product wears off (I do wish they were a little bit more long wearing) my lips still feel really hydrated and smooth which is not easy to find even in an expensive lip balm. I have definitely noticed a difference in the condition of my lips after using this product for a few days continuously. The main thing I like about this product is that it is not sticky in anyway, it has a lovely creamy texture so you don't have to deal with the dreaded hair stuck to lips look (not a good one when you are trying to strut your stuff down Grafton Street on a Saturday afternoon). 

Where does the BB claim come in I hear you say? Well this is definitely hydrating and nourishing for the lips and it also contains SPF 15 and UVA protection so I presume that is what the BB Claim is all about.



I have used a similar product to this before from Clairns. In fact there is very little difference between the two in my opinion apart from the fact that Clairns Instant Light Lip Perfector has a sponge applicator whereas No7's has a plastic one which in my opinion is much more hygienic  Oh and also Clairns offering is €17 euro as opposed to €11.  

No7 have really got it right with this new launch. It's exactly what we all should be looking for in a summer lip product, moisturising, a touch of colour and SPF protection. Tick, Tick, Tick. Well done No7, you have me hooked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment