19 Jun 2013

The Summer Edition Part One : Makeup must haves for Summer 2013

We all love to look our best at all times but the good weather can bring some makeup mishaps!! To avoid unsightly panda eyes and oily faces check out my below makeup essentials to keep your face in place and looking good all summer long

My first essential is the infamous primer by Smashbox in the light version. This is a great base for summer makeup as its not greasy and is very light so it will not cause breakouts or excess oil.


If you don't want to wear heavy makeup I would recommend trying a BB Cream. These are great as they provide a light coverage while at the same time cut out having to use loads of products on the skin as they will also moisturise the skin aswell as providing you with an SPF . My favourite is Dr Jart+ water fuse BB Cream which contains a whooping SPF 25.


If you prefer to wear something with a little more coverage my favouite liquid foundation at the moment is Mac's Studio Fix fluid. This foundation stays in place all day so won't leave you looking like a grease monkey.


I am loving Boujour's summer collection. They have amazing cream products which are great for the Summer weather. My two favourite's are:

Cream Blush. They are great for giving a beautiful flush to your cheeks without looking too cakey and powdery. These little beauties come in 4 different shades so there is one to suit everyone skin tone.


I am a big fan of cream bronzers and this one is definitely a must have. Boujour's bronzing primer is amazing to use to add colour to the face. I use this either as a cream contour or as a bronzer for a beautiful sunkissed look. Check out my full review here



To set all your cream products an amazing product to use without looking too made up is Mac's Mineralised Skin Finish Natural. This gives such a beautiful finish to the skin and keeps your cream products in place all day long. 


A great finishing step is a makeup setting spray. My favourite is Urban Decays All Nighter setting spray. Urban Decay also have other setting sprays in their line for different skin types so there will be one to suit all skin types. 



I don't like to wear too much products on the eyes during the summer but below are a few of my essentials for making summer eyes pop!

Cream shadows are great for summer and Makeup Forever do an amazing range of waterproof cream products in their Aqua line. Their cream shadows are amazing and will not budge during the day. The range of colours are absolutely beautiful and definitely worth the money. 


Colour Mascara is a fantastic way to brighten up eyes. Again Boujour have a great range this summer. These really add something special to the eyes.



And last but not least we need to add a hint of colour to the lips. I am really into the chubby sticks this year and Clinique do an amazing range. At first I thought they wouldn't add any colour but they really do and are also moisturising. These are great for popping in your handbag as they are easy to apply on the go and don' get sticky in the heat.



Well that's it for my summer essential makeup products. If you would like to see a post on my summer skincare, fake tan, body or haircare routines please let me know via facebook!! I hope you found this little post helpful and enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts. 

Big Kisses
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment